Weight loss, in the context of physical fitness, is a reduction of the total body mass, due to a mean loss of fluid, body fat or adipose tissue and/or lean mass, namely bone mineral deposits, muscle, tendon and other connective tissue.
Way to loss weight
- Keep a food journal.
- Become aware of meal timing.
- Learn Your Calorie budget.
- Divide your calorie budget into three parts of the day.
- Read Food Labels:
- Eat slowly and watch your portion sizes.
- Eat your favorite foods regularly.
- Keep away from food sources that tempt you.
- Make small changes daily and changes that you can keep!
To gain weight you must be in a state of positive energy intake. Eat well and eat more than you expend! Efforts to increase body weight may be best accomplished during the off-season, to avoid interfering with training. Studies have proven that increased muscular work combined with an adequate energy (carbohydrates and total calories) and protein (over-excessive protein won’t help!) intake is an effective means to increase muscle size and strength.
Ways to boost your calories:
- Eat an extra snack, such as a bedtime peanut butter sandwich with a glass of milk.
- Eat larger portions at mealtime.
- Eat higher calorie foods.