Home Remedies And Tricks To Get Rid Of Dandruff
Dandruff is shedding of dead skin cells especially from scalp. It is a common chronic scalp condition that results in flaking. This flaking of the skin on your scalp is marked because skin cells at the head scalp dies. Although dandruff is usual and a small amount of flaking is normal but sometimes it can be embarrassing and difficult. Treatments become necessary when people experience large amount of flaking accompanied with redness and irritation. Dandruff is a common type of scalp disorder that may affect almost half of the population. One can get rid of it by trying various home remedies.
There can be several reasons due to which dandruff occurs this can be excessive dry skin, shampooing too often or too less or extra oil on scalp that causes fungus and bacteria to grow. Many other reasons are there with which dandruff can be caused. The basic cause of dandruff on the head scalp is due to secretion of sebum or scalp specific fungus named Malassezia globosa. This increases the amount of oil on the scalp that leads to dead cells and flaking and all this leads to dandruff.
Though Dandruff needs proper care but the good news is dandruff is controllable. To remove dandruff there are many hair treatments available but to remove dandruff permanently it is always better to treat it with natural treatments. One can treat their hair dandruff with home remedies. This things that is freely available at your home act as a true medicine for dandruff and they do not have any side effects also. One can get rid of dandruff by trying some simple home remedies. Some of which are:
- Vinegar– It acts as a best dandruff treatment because it changes the pH of your scalp that helps in treating itchy & dry skin. Vinegar kills dandruff-causing fungus and bacteria and reduces flaking.
- Baking Soda- It also helps in balancing pH levels of the scalp which tends to reduce the growth of fungi and bacteria. It is a mild exfoliant that helps in removing dead skin from the scalp. It also produces natural oils that make hairs softer and free of flakes.
- Neem- Neem has antibacterial, anti-inflammatory and antifungal properties that act as a skin medication. It can relieve itching and it stops the over-growth of fungus that causes dandruff.
- Tea tree oil- Tea tree oil has anti-acne and anti-fungal properties that act as a medication to fight fungal and bacterial infections of the scalp. It does overall soothing and significantly improves head scalp.
- Garlic- Garlic’s has antimicrobial properties that can eliminate bacteria that cause dandruff. Its medicinal value is beneficial.
- Aloe Vera- Aloe Vera has anti-fungal and anti-bacterial properties that help in skin cell proliferation. It also has proteolytic enzyme characteristics that break down proteins for dead cells recovery and removes further dead skin formation. Its thick consistency sooths your skin and give cooling effects. It is often used in medicated anti-dandruff shampoos.
- Lemon– Lemons contains acids and its acidity helps balancing the pH of scalp by breaking down the fungus that causes dandruff. Thus it can clean dandruff quickly.