This incision is less concealed than periareolar and associated with less difficulty than the periareolar incision site when breast feeding.
Immediately after surgery
- Take rest for the first 48 hours.
- Stay in the company of a responsible adult.
- Ice packs should be applied to the breasts for the first 48 hours.
Pain will gradually subside and prescribed medication will help. Pain/discomfort varies considerably from person to person. Analgesics are prescribed for this.
Care between one week to six weeks
- Do not raise your arms above shoulders or do any lifting for two weeks.
- No heavy exertion or exercising is permitted during the first six weeks.
- Only moderate activity is advisable during the first six weeks in order to avoid stretching the scars.
- Do not drive a car for at least one week post-operatively and then drive with the arms kept low.